Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Computer Networking /?

Okay, so I want to go to college and take courses on networking such as a technician, etc... Now I really love computers, but I didn't wanna do programming because I don't want to sit for hours learning about C++, C, etc... so I chose networking. Now what exactly do networking people do? What type of places do they work at *examples* ? And is it very hard or is it very easy or is it, in the middle, and how much do they get usually paid?


Thanks.

Computer Networking /?
A class on C++ isn't necessarily just for learning C++ but for learning logic as well. Networking is a very broad topic. You could work for any sort of company doing anything from wireless to IP backbone to fiber optic to cabling to network design. Any company that has a LAN or WAN has had some sort of network person involved. I have done everything from running (hundreds if not thousands) cables to setting up wireless bridges, WANs, LANs, Hot Spots, installing fiber, making a crossover cable, setting up servers and TCP/IP and ATM network to troubleshooting something that is wrong. Going into "networking" is kind of saying that I want to work with computers.


No comments:

Post a Comment