Monday, April 12, 2010

Social-Networking Sites?

The use of social networking, photo hosting, and online video websites represent a significant shift in online user behavior.





What is your experience with these sites? What is you favorite? Do you account with any of them? What are the pros and cons? Which one do you recommend, and why?





MySpace is the leader in social networking, receiving 82% of those visits among the top 20 social networking websites in September 2006. Then, come FaceBook (www.facebook.com), Bolt (www.bolt.com), Bebo (www.bebo.com), Orkut (www.orkut.com), Gaia Online (www.gaia.com)





In photo sharing, there are : PhotoBucket (www.photobucket.com), Flickr (www.flickr.com), YouTube (www.youtube.com).





There are others, here's a listing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_soc...

Social-Networking Sites?
Hello,


I have used various social networking, photo, hosting and on-line video websites.





I've used my space. I like it because it has live hosting.


I can meet up with friends and family. It;s so easy,


even my 10yr old niece has a page.... I don't like when the service is down or you've posted a bulletin or a comment, and you get an error code.....





I like photobucket and your file host because you can put as many pics and videos as you want.


You have personal accounts for sharing your information, and it's share away!





I was referred to OBC On-line booty Call by a friend, I thought it was too basic, and I didn't like it because the responses to find someone available can be over-whelming. You decide who you want to contact you. It has pen-pal messaging with other users,I didn't like it because it was too confusing.





I've used blackplanet too, because they have chat rooms. It's pretty easy to set up. You just can't leave a message to people, the way you expect it too.





My favorite being RLC Red Light Center. I like it because it


has live hosting. I can design my webpage the way I'd like it


to look. I can BE my 3D avatar and socialize with new people, chat, and party (they have a virtual world)


Not to mention. It is a website with adults on it. I don't always like to socialize with teenagers, that's just me.





Here's a few of the link sites to check out, one being my myspace page


and the other RLC (red light center) vs myspace.





Hope this helped some
Reply:Photobucket is my favorite photo/video hosting site. Extremely easy to use and upload. I have never had a problem with it. MySpace is very laggy at certain times of the day, and a lot of the time, after posting a bulletin, you get a message saying, "Sorry an unexpected error has occurred." Classmates.com is very very basic. I heard FaceBook really has a lot of privacy issues. MySpace and Photobucket are really the most useful. Blogger is the best though! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment