Monday, April 12, 2010

Networking question?

I'm considering applying for a position as a computer technician but they are requesting knowledge of audio visual equipment, networking and installation of software.


Audio/visual and software installation is not a problem but I'm not sure about networking. I'm a little above the moderate level of computer literacy but have never done any programing. I have a "mini" wireless network in my house. (my laptop gets its online signal from my desktop PC)


Is this job something I should be able to tackle?

Networking question?
Depends on the networking environment. Anyone can learn basic microsoft networking as used in a home in just an hour or two. Learning networking in a client server or wide area network is a real learning experience.
Reply:The answer is probably no, they would want more experience with configuring routers and firewalls, maybe vpn, etc. The needs of an organization are usually much greater than that for a home LAN. It wouldn't hurt to ask them for specifics.

dental hygiene

No comments:

Post a Comment