Saturday, April 17, 2010

Windows XP Home Networking Error???

I was trying to set up a home network between Windows XP and Windows ME. When I tried to create a network on Windows XP, it said it couldn't finish because it had an error. I ran the XP networking wizard on Windows ME and it worked. How can I set up a network manually on Windows XP?? Also for your information, I have DSL and a router. Both computers are wired to the router and are connected to the internet correctly. Thanks a lot for your help!!

Windows XP Home Networking Error???
I am a bit rusty on the ME, but all you need to do is make sure that the workgroup is the same for XP as ME. You can right click on my computer on the XP machine and select properties. After the window opens pick the computer name tab and make sure the workgroup name matches the name on the ME machine. The Router should auto assign the IP address for both machines. All you need to do then is make sure you share any files you want to see on both computers and you should be gtg.


No comments:

Post a Comment