Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vista Networking Problem?

I bought a laptop and installed Vista on it because a lot of my customers are buying new computers with Vista and I need to be familiar with it. It was working fine, up until this morning. I turned on the laptop and these are the symptoms: 1) Networking icon never changed; the red X never went away. It usually means a sign of not being connected, but surprisingly I can still get online with my wireless router. When I hover my mouse over it, it says "Connection status: unknown. Server execution failed." If I try to right-click it, it freezes up and shows the options after a few min. 2) Networking and Sharing Center tends to freeze up and after a few min., it shows up. It says "Server execution failed." 3) I can't play any online games; they just crash up (They are compatible with Vista). 4) The Networking Status widget in the sidebar never shows anything. 5) The System Properties window doesn't display the rating, processor, or memory type. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Vista Networking Problem?
try to uninstall the hardware of your wireless profile in Device Manager, restart it, and let Windows auto find and install it for you. See if it work.


No comments:

Post a Comment