Saturday, April 17, 2010

Its about Networking...........?

When I open task manager and go to networking, it shows my adapter name i.e. my connection name, Network utilisation, link speed %26amp; status. Now my question is what is networking utilisation, it always shows 12-14% only though I'm continuously on the net with some heavy download. My linkspeed it shows 480.8Kbps (Not KBps), what is this connection type I meen is it Broadband or normal or what, though I have asked from my ISP the normal one. Please help......thanx

Its about Networking...........?
That's very likely because your adapter can handle alot more


than you're outside link can provide.


I.e. if you have a 100mbit network card connected to a broadband


dsl modem with 6mbit you can easily see that the network utilization


won't go up too far. It's calculated by the link speed of the adapter.


That doesn't have to be the speed you're actually connected with


on the other side of the modem or router.


No comments:

Post a Comment