Saturday, April 17, 2010

Networking my PS3 with wireless?

Im pretty much what you could call "techdead" - in other words I got no idea about internet connections, networking, wireless and all the other fun stuff that this technological boom has brought about.


However I have myself a PS3 and i'd like to be able to play my mates online via the wireless connection - only thing is I got no idea what im doing. I believe I have all the necessary hardware, ie wireless router and a PS3, but its just not happening for me.


Ill put it to you this way, a few steps into the setup it asks for an SSID code or something along those lines, where do i find this?


Do I need to change or alter anything on my PC to make the connection work? - such as the network settings or disabling the I/net on the PC when using the PS3.


Quite simply ive been searching through help guides and everything %26amp; im just not seeing the solution.


Your assistance would be greatly appreciated in finally helping me get into online gaming (something ive wanted to do for years)


Thanks

Networking my PS3 with wireless?
Your SSID code is the pw you setup when you first installed your wireless router on your pc. So if your friends come over with their laptop and want to access your wireless internet they would need to scan to see the available wireless networks in your local area then click on yours, lets say "Martini Wireless" and you would have to give them the pw so they can access it.





If you don't remember your pw you can try to hit the 'reset' button on your router it's usually a small pin size button and reinstall it again or call tech support. Or if you never changed it when you first installed the router, I believe the default pw is "admin" lowercase, you might want to try that first. Good luck.
Reply:Just go to the connections and have it scan for your router. Once you see the name of your router, select and and if there is a passcode, put the code in. It will test the connection and you should be done. I think it was wanting an SSID code because you were doing the manual setup. Good luck!

dental hygiene

No comments:

Post a Comment