Saturday, April 17, 2010

Llearning networking, experimented on 4 home computers, however?

although the computers are sharing an Internet connection, my sons computer has the Ethernet in his SCSI drives card- his 'network connections folder has an icon, that states functional, it says "network bridge MAC Bridge mini port". Could someone please tell me exactly what this is,what it does and what it means? Is there a web place where I can read up on it, I may need to know this for a customer in the future, if they have me do networking, I'm new to it, very green!

Llearning networking, experimented on 4 home computers, however?
It looks like his nic is acting as a bridge for the network..
Reply:It should be either a mini wireless card or like a picture card reader like for a sd or memory stick. Tons of sites for home networking. Sorry don't know of any off hand, just do a yahoo search. Get yourself a good book.


No comments:

Post a Comment