Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Networking paper for my grad. class?

I am starting a graduate class,and I need to do a 15 page paper on anything about networking. I have chosen to do a paper on the ease of/ lack of security of breaking into wireless networks and want to write an example functioning packet sniffer.





I have googled for the basics (obviously) but prefer some helpful starter conversation and how to start on a Windows Xp system prefer, some c++ code, maybe...unless there is something easier.





thanks








P.S. This is not for illegal purpuses, as there are plenty of free high powered packet sniffers out there already.

Networking paper for my grad. class?
Ethereal (Wireshark) is the most well known sniffer. And it's open source, so you can download the source here http://www.ethereal.com/download.html





But I don't see how that will help you write your 15 page paper
Reply:Coding your own wireless packet sniffer is no small task. You will need adept C++ skills if you wanted to do that. Wireshark and Kismet are already free software packages that do just that.


No comments:

Post a Comment