Saturday, April 17, 2010

Networking Experts what are your Experiences?

Let me give you an example of what I mean.





I've leanrt things about video cards, as from the book, how they work, different types etc. But from my experience, I learnt:


1. Never use onboard video, it's slow and cheap.


2. Always buy good quality video cards from Nvida,Tnt, don't bother with the other guys.


3. I've seen 16mb of video ram, Vs 256mb, makes a difference, you'll notice the speed of the graphics faster.


4. Get AGP video cards, because PCI ones, you'll get lots of conflicts with other pci cards.


5. Get extra fans because video cards increase the temperature.





So you see all my experiences. The books didn't teach me these things. So I'm just starting Networking but I want experiences.e.g. Like you've learnt when forming a star-topology that it's best to .. blabla. Liek you've learnt a quicker way or short cut to forming a network in 5 minutes. Stuff like this.





Thanks

Networking Experts what are your Experiences?
Well all the experience that I had in Networking was my own. I used to disassemble my PC and reassemble them. In this way, I made sure that, I could assemble a PC, no matter its brand.





For the VGA Card and other stuff, you have to be in constant touch with the latest market. I usually go to the computer centers once a week and get to know the latest products. As for one of your suggestions, even AGP Card in old now. the best is the PCI Express Card.





By handling these devices and various stuff yourself, you would learn them easily. And for the books, you cannot get enough knowledge with books because they dont explain to you the practical approach to a problem.





The best thing you can do is to start right now to assemble a PC and trying to study the motherboard structure. Once you get used to it, networking is nothing.





BYE and Best of Luck


Imtiyaz
Reply:Check cisco materials


No comments:

Post a Comment