Thursday, November 19, 2009

Networking Apple computers?...File Permissions?

Hello, I was able to network 3 OSX 10.4 machines with each other at my boss's house (pretty easy considering I am not very experienced in Macs)! However, we have noticed that trying to open a file (such as excel) results in an error message (don't know it offhand) but it basically told me that we didn't have read/write permissions to edit the file. The only way that we could open the file and edit is to copy it locally and then open it.





Does anyone know why? There doesn't seem to be any sort of options in the System Preferences -%26gt; Networking section to set permissions for sharing. Help! Let me know if I need to provide more information. And I think we are using TCP/IP and not AppleTalk...not sure though, but we are using the Airport for the wireless network. Oh and yes, I tried to RTFM. Thanks!

Networking Apple computers?...File Permissions?
tcp, yet not appletalk leaves ftp and smb.





both are wrong for mac to mac sharing.





I've got several questions





When connected what does the 'mount' command return (in terminal)?





How did you start up the file sharing?





Is the disk connected to an airport extreme router?

cat teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment