Thursday, November 19, 2009

Xbox LIVE Wireless Networking Adapter Help?

OK, technical problems SUCK. And they usually aren't easy to answer, but I'm gonna give it a whirl.


I'm going to give all the details of the problem with my Wireless Networking Adapter, and I need an in-depth, step-by-step, idiot-proof answer.


I've got the thing hooked up correctly, as when I


"Test Xbox LIVE Connection", Network Adapter shows a USB Wireless.





The problem is on "Wireless Network", the next step in the process. I need to enter my computer's settings, but I don't know where on the computer to find them.


I have


IP Address


Subnet Mask


and Gateway


filled in.





I need to know the difference in Manual and Automatic DNS settings.





I also need to know where I can find my WEP key for Wireless Mode.





Also, when I enter my WEP key, will SSID, Network Type, and Network Security, appear? If not, where do I find those? (Sorry, I'm Technologically Retarded)





Is there any other info I'll need to get after I enter the settings?





Thanks for the help.





~Chd

Xbox LIVE Wireless Networking Adapter Help?
do you even have a wireless router going from your computer?

teeth braces

No comments:

Post a Comment