Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wireless networking - TP-Link wireless adapter with netgear wirless router?

Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to get 2 different brands of wirless networking to work together. The two things I am trying to get to work together are a TP-Link wireless adapter (TL-WN620G) and a netgear wireless router. Can I get these to work together. I have installed the software and everything but still nothing. I know its not my router beacuse it works with my Netgear wireless adapter but not with the TP-Link wireless adapter? For the TP-Link, I typed in the network name and network key and all that kind of stuff. When I opened up the software for the TP-Link, it shows channel, profile name, network type, etc. And all of it looks good but at the bottom it shows the Signal Strength (which is zero) and then it says no link. Well if anyone has an aswer, please reply.

Wireless networking - TP-Link wireless adapter with netgear wirless router?
sure you can mix wireless brands together, but its preferable no to do so,





any way in your problem, go to control panel, add remove programs, uninstall TP-link wireless client, because its the cause of all the trouble, then let windows manage your wireless connection.





Contact me if this didn't solve it?


No comments:

Post a Comment