Thursday, November 19, 2009

Networking windows me?

networking windows me im networking a computer for someone i cant get windows me to netwrok on a network with other users have windows xp i havent had windows me 1 an i got rid of it asap it sucked

Networking windows me?
You're right ME does suck. But, if you networking with a router, all you'll need to do is make sure TCP/IP is on Auto assign IP address, and auto dns.





Another thing that might make life easier to to make sure all the computers on the network share a common work group name.





windows XP and ME ARE compatiable... infact.. windows 95, 98, 98se, ME, xp home, xp pro, server.. etc are all compatiable.
Reply:You can try connecting to the share by IP instead of name like //192.168.1.1/share


You will also need to login with a valid username on both machines.


No comments:

Post a Comment